This special issue aims to bring researchers together about the latest advances in the field of intelligent and autonomous robotics and mechatronics. These robots are able to adapt to different tasks, learn, interact, autonomously navigate and adapt their behaviours in various environments using intelligent mechanisms, sensors and artificial perception, vision systems, sensor integration techniques, mapping and localisation. The special issue enables researchers in the field of robotics and mechatronics to present new results and contribute to the latest developments on the theory, technologies, methodologies, sensors, bio-inspiration approaches, embedded systems, algorithms and applications of robotics, mechatronics, control and smart systems.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Intelligent mechatronics systems
- Sensors and artificial perception for robotics
- Vision systems and sensor integration techniques
- Bio-inspiration approaches in robotics
- Embedded systems and algorithms
- Control and smart systems.
Submission of a full paper: 15 April, 2012